View Single Post

Old 04-10-2017, 02:35 PM
The Distance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_jovi View Post
Sorry, just read this now. I'm even more confused. Keep the Faith wasn't performed acoustic that show so I'm not sure were "common sense" is coming into play. He's playing a standard electric bass. Like I said before, he's not playing different notes. He's playing the same notes differently making it pretty obvious he didn't play it on the album.
Sorry, Acoustic was the wrong word... When they were initially asked/agreed to do this, it was supposed to be part of the UnPlugged series but Jon didn't want to jump on that... I guess with being credited for creating the unplugged series and with so many other bands now doing it, I think Jon felt he was past all that and didn't want to jump on that bandwagon... Actually, I know for a fact that's what happened based on interviews... I remember as a kid being disappointed because I wanted it to be acoustic...

So Jon created this acoustic feel with electric instruments (again, not a musician so I might not be saying this right) but I think it's obvious that it sounds slightly different than any other performance... Circling back to Alec, every review I've read has been positive... If you go on YouTube and read the comments that pertain to Alec, it's all positive... My point is, if it sounds a little different it's because it's not a traditional Electric sound... It's a different mix