View Single Post

Old 04-10-2017, 07:48 PM
This Post Feels Right

Send a message via AIM to Captain_jovi Send a message via MSN to Captain_jovi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdkopper View Post
Sorry, Acoustic was the wrong word... When they were initially asked/agreed to do this, it was supposed to be part of the UnPlugged series but Jon didn't want to jump on that... I guess with being credited for creating the unplugged series and with so many other bands now doing it, I think Jon felt he was past all that and didn't want to jump on that bandwagon... Actually, I know for a fact that's what happened based on interviews... I remember as a kid being disappointed because I wanted it to be acoustic...

So Jon created this acoustic feel with electric instruments (again, not a musician so I might not be saying this right) but I think it's obvious that it sounds slightly different than any other performance... Circling back to Alec, every review I've read has been positive... If you go on YouTube and read the comments that pertain to Alec, it's all positive... My point is, if it sounds a little different it's because it's not a traditional Electric sound... It's a different mix
I think I get what you're trying to say, yeah, but again we're not dogging on Alec saying he's playing it wrong, he's just playing it different than it was on the album. The mix just isn't as different as you're saying, it's electric instruments playing an electric song. If we're talking about the alternate arrangements like Lay Your Hands On Me from that show, absolutely I could see where you're coming from. Compare it to any sound board of Alec playing the lick from the KTF tour, it's the same way he hits the notes there too. I just feel like you're trying too hard to make it sound like it's him on the album and I just disagree. Hugh plays is with the same inflection both studio and live. It's Hugh.