View Single Post

Old 10-20-2020, 01:19 PM
Runaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by polevka View Post
I guess the fanbase never was that big (but of course smaller now). There were just many people who stayed interested as long as there were some hit-singles. The majority of concert goers wants to hear the hits and is not focused on new material. So I don't see it as a contradiction.
Times have changed. I have many friends who still like Bon Jovi, they know more songs than just the big hits, but they just can't be bothered to listen 12 new songs in a row. They sometimes listen one new song, if they like it, they will add on their playlist but even when they do, they don't go for the new album. And to tell you the true, that's exactly what I do with most of the bands now.

I really like Rolling Stones for instance, I'd go for the concerts, watch the documentaries, read about it, listen to a new song once in a while, but no way I will listen a whole new album in a row. Just the really die hards of each band listen their albums right now. Playlists killed the albums for my generation. Sad but true. (I'm 35)

My point it's there's plenty more Bon Jovi fans out there than just the casuals Wanted, Bad Name, Prayer, IML and Always.

Last edited by brunorc21; 10-20-2020 at 01:36 PM..