View Single Post

Old 10-17-2020, 03:14 AM
Jovi FANatic

Send a message via ICQ to Johny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic View Post
Aloha !

This is nonsense. U2 has an extra musician behind or under the stage playing keyboards or extra guitar and play with a shitload of pre-programmed samples. Def Leppard and Motley Crue both play with backing tracks, going from vocals to full instrumental parts. It's nothing to do with "really good live bands". Do you think you're just hearing 5 people play on the album as well?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
That's what baffles me a lot. I love Def Leppard and I do think they sound amazing. They manage to have a sound engineer which can really make the setting work for them. Burry the difficult parts into loud guitars etc.

I just can't work out if they use backing tracks for backing vocals or not. Their vocals sounds really perfect. And they like to mention it in every interview that it really is just them live. I'd understand if they used a backing track. But I don't think they'd put so much stress on not using it when they were using it. I'd expect them to shut up about it like Bon Jovi do.
On the other hand, there obviously are many samples programmed or Rick's drumkit. There's a special setting for almost every song. They don't talk about THAT when it's obvious you need some tricks when your drummer has only one arm and your music relies on many sounds and drum patterns.
"If you got a dream, no matter what anybody tells you, if you think that you’ve got to go for it, then you should go for it, because you’ve got one life. And the next time somebody tells you: ‘You can’t do that’ you can tell them to screw themselves, because it’s your life and you do what the hell you want with it. So this is a song about having a dream and chasing it, till you find the Bright Lights." - Aldo Nova.
Aldo Nova - Bright Lights