Thread: Dear Americans,
View Single Post

Old 10-21-2015, 12:33 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

I don't think it's negative. I think it's realistic. It's like raising the minimum wage. Everyone agrees people need to be able to make a living wage. But we all know that it will mean costs will go up or machines will do the work. McDonald's can't serve hamburgers for a $1 and pay their employees $15 an hour. Also, if people are going to make $15 for flipping burgers, then people who have real marketable skills and training/education who barely make that or a little more should get pay raises that reflect their education status--firemen, cops, EMTs, teachers, etc.

I've been thinking a lot about it today and it made me wonder what would be the incentive for a person like Steve Jobs to create things if he knew half his income would be taken from him just because he was smarter than the rest of us? Is that really FAIR? Is FAIR the right word? Fair is where everyone gets treated the same.