View Single Post

Old 04-05-2019, 12:10 AM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
Quote:
TMZ (2/22/2019): A spokesperson for Kraft (says) "We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity."
...( 2/28 ): Kraft has formally entered a plea of not guilty, and a request for a non-jury trial: only the judge will hear any testimony.
Quote:
WCVB (March 23): ...Kraft released a...statement about the case..."I am truly sorry...I know I have hurt and disappointed my family, my close friends, my co-workers, our fans and many others who rightfully hold me to a higher standard."

He's sorry? I thought he said he hadn't done anything illegal. Nonetheless, it sounds like Team Crafty have finalized their legal game plan:
Quote:
WCVB (3/26):
Lawyers for New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft on Tuesday filed a document reaffirming his plea of not guilty and asking the judge to schedule a jury trial for the case...
Quote:
ESPN (4/3): Attorneys for Robert Kraft...attacked a Florida police investigation that led to the New England Patriots owner being charged with paying for sex at a massage parlor...argu(ing) that using the cameras to prosecute misdemeanor crimes violated constitutional privacy protections and prohibitions against unreasonable searches. In addition, a Florida law says police can only make secret recordings when investigating certain serious felonies. Kraft is charged with solicitation, which is not a felony.

The attorneys want all evidence collected against Kraft thrown out. If they're successful, the case against Kraft...and the other 24 men who have been similarly charged...could be dismissed...
They're going "The OJ Way" -- trying to put the investigation on trial? But the investigation was national, not state-level in origin, and for the "serious felony" of international human trafficking, which just happens consist of state-level acts of prostitution.

Since this was released two days too late to be considered an attempt at an April Fools' Day joke, Kraft's lawyers might have to settle for a Big LOL Award, LOL!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 04-05-2019 at 04:08 AM..