View Single Post

Old 04-29-2016, 10:16 PM
Something for the Posts

Default Group Posts A Song About Crime They Commited, Get Arrested -- Concidence?

I came acoss a story about a guy who pulled up next to a parked, empty police car and thought it would make a great backdrop for a selfie of him holding a bag of pot and a gun. He also thought it would be a great idea to put the photo on Instagram. The next thing you know, he's under arrest -- which I dismissed as a mere coincidence. But then I came across this story:

Quote:
VladTV.com:…On...April 26th...39 members of the...rap squadron Pop Out Boyz were arrested…(T)hey garnered upwards of $250,000 in stolen merchandise from a myriad of high-end stores throughout the (New York City) area…

The scammers are using a grossly popular credit card scheme called “card cracking” (which)... involves fraudsters contacting unsuspecting victims through social networks and offering to deposit money into their bank accounts under false pretenses then promising the account holder a percentage of the deposit. Once the phony check is deposited the fraudster removes the funds and leaves the victim responsible for paying the bank once the check bounces...

(T)he Pop Out Boyz released a song on SoundCloud entitled For A Scammer
Turning nothing into something
Watch how the commas keep coming
Getting it back like it’s nothing
Watch the money do a back flip
Early morning up at Saks Fifth
The song is filled with admissions about credit card fraud and the many purchases made including Nike Air Jordans and Celine bags…
Surely the police have better things to do than monitor the Internet's video, social, and music networks in hopes of finding people too egotistical or too plain stupid to realize that there might be a downside to bragging about or even broadcasting their crimes online. At least no violent crimes have been involved -- only a Grade-A premium brand of idiot would post online about that...

They were convicted? How were they found competent to stand trial?

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-17-2018 at 07:46 PM..