View Single Post

Old 12-19-2014, 05:57 AM
Something for the Posts

Default If cell phones are banned from all venues next year, here's the man to thank

Quote:
(Comedian) Hannibal Buress — who has done stand-up for years and is a regular on Comedy Central's Broad City, (has) praised (comedian) Bill Cosby...(During an October 2014 performance) in Cosby's (hometown of) Philadelphia...he did this bit...
"...Bill Cosby has the fckin’ smuggest old black man persona that I hate...He gets on TV, 'Pull your pants up, black people...I can talk down to you because I had a successful sitcom!' Yeah, but you rape women, Bill Cosby, so turn the crazy down a couple notches...I want to just at least make it weird for you to watch Cosby Show reruns...(P)eople think I'm making it up...(W)hen you leave here, google 'Bill Cosby rape.' That shit has more results than 'Hannibal Buress.'"

...and the rest is history:
Nov. 6, 2014: An Associated Press reporter asks Cosby to comment on the rape allegations. Cosby responds, but as soon as the interview wraps, he begins bullying the reporter to promise the footage won't be shown if he has any "integrity."

Nov. 13, 2014: Barbara Bowman writes an op-ed in the Washington Post titled "Bill Cosby raped me. Why did it take 30 years for people to believe my story?"

Nov. 16, 2014: Joan Tarshis comes forward in an essay for Hollywood Elsewhere (and) posts a lengthy Facebook post detailing her encounter with Cosby.

Nov. 18, 2014: Janice Dickinson publicly accuses Cosby of raping her in an interview with Entertainment Tonight. Netflix indefinitely postpones Cosby's stand-up special Bill Cosby 77 that had been scheduled for Thanksgiving week.

Nov. 19, 2014: TV Land pulls all Cosby Show reruns. NBC drops the sitcom it had been developing with him.

Nov. 20, 2014: Three more women come forward with allegations Cosby sexually assaulted them. That night, Cosby performs a sold-out stand-up show in the Bahamas that he dedicates to his wife, Camille.

Nov. 21, 2014: Angela Leslie comes forward in an interview with the New York Daily News, as does Kristina Ruehli in Philadelphia magazine.

Nov. 22, 2014: Former Playboy Playmate Victoria Valentino says that in 1970, the comedian had sexually assaulted her after drugging her and her roommate.

Nov. 23, 2014: Former NBC employee Frank Scotti tells the New York Daily News that during The Cosby Show era, he covered up for the comedian: standing guard outside the comedian’s dressing room while he brought young models in, paying off women in exchange for their silence, and even securing a second apartment for Cosby's exploits.

Nov. 24, 2014: Louisa Moritz tells TMZ of her plans to file a class action lawsuit against Bill Cosby.

Dec. 1, 2014: Cosby stepped down from the board of trustees of Temple University, of which he had been a member for 32 years.

Dec. 3, 2014: Judy Huth filed a civil lawsuit against Cosby, alleging that he had sexually molested her back in 1974 when she was only 15.

Dec. 4, 2014: According to People magazine, Beth Ferrier and two other accusers have filed sexual assault complaints against Cosby.

Dec. 5, 2014: Cosby countersued Huth and claimed that she attempted to extort money from Cosby and sell her story before filing suit.

Dec. 11, 2014: In a column for Vanity Fair, former supermodel Beverly Johnson says Cosby attempted to assault her after she auditioned to be an extra on The Cosby Show in the 1980s.

Dec. 17, 2014: Black Entertainment Television cancels reruns of The Cosby Show.

That's a very impressive amount of fallout considering that it's been only two months! But it turns out just have been just a warmup...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-15-2018 at 06:17 PM..