Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Short clarification and then you - thank god - are rid of me

NBJ - Everything Else


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #41  
Old 09-03-2019, 02:04 PM
semigoodlooking semigoodlooking is offline
Member
Runaway
 
Join Date: 04 Sep 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
I didnít read a lot of that thread to be honest, but itís quite clear (from the outside) that Jon has strong narcissistic traits, just like Richie is a perfect example of an empath. The balance they once had broke and Richie left. Pretty simple.
Both actually have few traits of those, especially within the realm of their industry. Or at least for clarity, each has displayed traits of both sides of the coin, enough that saying one is A or B is foolish. As someone in the field, I completely reject your analysis at distance based on a public persona.

That's not to say Jon is not a narcissit. He may be the biggest in the world. I am just saying you have no clue what you're talking about. How could you unless you are the mental health professional he uses or have some personal relationship with him?

Now, the part I put in bold. You say its "quite clear". So, could you explain to me what these clear markers are that suggest Jon and Richie's mental states?
Reply With Quote

  #42  
Old 09-04-2019, 08:16 AM
thesedays2014 thesedays2014 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Fan
 
Join Date: 28 Feb 2014
Gender: male
Posts: 162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
Both actually have few traits of those, especially within the realm of their industry. Or at least for clarity, each has displayed traits of both sides of the coin, enough that saying one is A or B is foolish. As someone in the field, I completely reject your analysis at distance based on a public persona.

That's not to say Jon is not a narcissit. He may be the biggest in the world. I am just saying you have no clue what you're talking about. How could you unless you are the mental health professional he uses or have some personal relationship with him?

Now, the part I put in bold. You say its "quite clear". So, could you explain to me what these clear markers are that suggest Jon and Richie's mental states?
Study the theory, learn all about it in through reiki and Ďalternativeí practices, have lots of experience with narcissits and empaths and then give your opinion.

Of course, you could be totally right, as I have no relationship with them. But go ahead and try...and let me know your opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 09-04-2019, 02:49 PM
semigoodlooking semigoodlooking is offline
Member
Runaway
 
Join Date: 04 Sep 2017
Gender: male
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesedays2014 View Post
Study the theory, learn all about it in through reiki and ¬‘alternative¬’ practices, have lots of experience with narcissits and empaths and then give your opinion.

Of course, you could be totally right, as I have no relationship with them. But go ahead and try...and let me know your opinion.
You're right of course. My 7+ years of graduate and post graduate study and five years in the field are probably not enough to dicuss this subject. Instead, the placebo of reiki is much more legit as a means to validate diagnosis at distance.

If the universe told you Jon's energy is that of a narcissit, great. However, Narcissistic personality disorder is a genuine condition and you said Jon has traits of that disorder. What exactly are those observable traits?

(I am completely ignoring the fact that we all have traits of narcissim, so even saying someone has traits has no substantiation. One may as well say Jon is part of a collective that displays narcissitic traits).

P.S. I am really not defending Jon's personality here, as I have said no one knows. I am defending the principles of psychology. It's one of the only professions where people believe they know best with absolutley no basis in research or fact. I wouldn't go into a hospital and randomly diagnose people based on at-distance visual or verbel information. Any diagnosis I would make would be an utter shot in the dark because of the simple fact I am not a medical doctor. In psychology, people believe they can make these assumptions and be utterly validated.

Finally, I was a psychologist for five years (12 if you include my studies) and I admittedly no longer do it. That said, I think those 12 years qualify as the "lots of experience with narcissists and empaths (another term that has no meaning in this instance without nuance, because most people have empath traits) you require".
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 09-05-2019, 04:02 PM
thesedays2014 thesedays2014 is offline
Senior Member
Jovi Fan
 
Join Date: 28 Feb 2014
Gender: male
Posts: 162
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by semigoodlooking View Post
You're right of course. My 7+ years of graduate and post graduate study and five years in the field are probably not enough to dicuss this subject. Instead, the placebo of reiki is much more legit as a means to validate diagnosis at distance.

If the universe told you Jon's energy is that of a narcissit, great. However, Narcissistic personality disorder is a genuine condition and you said Jon has traits of that disorder. What exactly are those observable traits?

(I am completely ignoring the fact that we all have traits of narcissim, so even saying someone has traits has no substantiation. One may as well say Jon is part of a collective that displays narcissitic traits).

P.S. I am really not defending Jon's personality here, as I have said no one knows. I am defending the principles of psychology. It's one of the only professions where people believe they know best with absolutley no basis in research or fact. I wouldn't go into a hospital and randomly diagnose people based on at-distance visual or verbel information. Any diagnosis I would make would be an utter shot in the dark because of the simple fact I am not a medical doctor. In psychology, people believe they can make these assumptions and be utterly validated.

Finally, I was a psychologist for five years (12 if you include my studies) and I admittedly no longer do it. That said, I think those 12 years qualify as the "lots of experience with narcissists and empaths (another term that has no meaning in this instance without nuance, because most people have empath traits) you require".
Impressive. Well done 😊

P.S Go for a few reiki sessions and at least do Grade 1. The placebo effect may just be something you can learn from
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 10:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.