View Single Post

Old 05-06-2016, 03:05 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Sizzurp Taken off Market - HipHop World Grinds to Halt

Quote:
TMZ: 2 Chainz is blaming Justin Bieber for getting his codeine cough syrup of choice yanked off shelves...

The rapper...openly talked about his "lean" habit, and bemoaned the fact his favorite brand, Actavis, is no longer for sale...Chainz thinks Bieber, and a few others, are responsible for the drug's demise..
It was originally called "Delta Momma"

Then it was called "Delta Lady"

Now it's called "Sizzurp"

Quote:
Today.com (1/2014): ...Doctors are warning that..."lean" or "purple drank," which is made by combining soda, candy and "sizzurp" -- prescription cough syrup with codeine in it -- provide(s) an instant, euphoric high...(which) can be deadly.

...Superstar rapper Lil Wayne, who once praised the cocktail, was hospitalized...after reportedly overdosing...Sizzurp also was attributed in the deaths of rappers Pimp C in 2007 and DJ Screw in 2000...(But) there is no shortage of songs and videos glorifying sizzurp use...
Then came the beginning of the end...
Quote:
TMZ (4/2014): (T)he high-end cough syrup that's become the lean of choice for Justin Bieber, Soulja Boy, and MANY other rap figures has officially been taken off the market -- all because of its reputation as a widely abused drug.

A rep for Actavis -- famous for the highly-refined cough syrup -- tells TMZ, "Given recent media attention...(that) has glamorized the unlawful and dangerous use of the product...Actavis has made the bold and unprecedented decision to cease all production and sales of its Promethazine Codeine product..."

Before Actavis pulled the plug...the street value of a pint bottle hovered around $800...(B)ut...rappers are now offering insane sums to buy up whatever's left. We're told one prominent rapper has already offered his dealer up to $100,000 to get whatever he can...
Quote:
TMZ: ...You can either get it with a prescription or get it somewhere outside the U.S. We're told Bieber does the latter -- he has a connection that secures it in another country.
Which solves a huge mystery for me: I knew Bieber didn't earn the respect of American hiphoppers with his hiphop skills!

My lone experience with codeine was via a dentist who made a point of warning me not to take it until I got home. An instant, euphoric high? After it made me feel like my joints were melting, it instantly put me to sleep, LOL!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 05-11-2016 at 05:57 PM..