View Single Post

Old 05-03-2016, 02:36 AM
Something for the Posts

Default The Artist Formely Known As Prince's Estate Vulture Circling Report

Barely two weeks since he was laid to rest, Prince's sister Tyka Nelson insisted that the courts declare that he did not leave a will. She's fighting for most if not all of the estate, apparently on the grounds that she was Prince's only full sibling, that is, they're the only ones in the family who had both parents in common. Oh, so being a half sibling is a felony? I couldn't even dream of discriminating against my nieces and nephews that way -- but then again, I learned from the best.

When my oldest nephew's paternal grandmother or her sister invited him over for the weekend, they also invited his half-sister. They both got Christmas and birthday presents from them; they both got baskets at Easter. And when the grandmother died, they both inherited a savings bond! Wicked stepparents SHOULD be the stuff that only fairy tales are made of.

Well, nyah nyah nyah Tkya: Minnesota state law dictates that in the absence of a will, Prince's estate, estimated at $300M US, must be divided equally among all six of his surviving siblings -- half or whole! (Two other siblings are deceased, but left no spouses or children.) You could have waited a couple months for the estate to be fully executed to ensure there wasn't a will: if one turned up that didn't favor you, you would have been able to challenge it. But nooooo...

And now, enter Rodney Herachio Dixon Mercury.
Quote:
Mashable: ...Dixon's "declaration, petition and demand for notice" claims that he and Prince had an "implied agreement" sometime in the mid-'90s whereby the artist owed the Murietta, California resident $1 billion...

Dixon -- who is representing himself in this matter, of course...went by the names Aeric Alexander Mercury and Rameses America Mercury when he allegedly pursued (two) 1990s lawsuits...(He) believes that because he once allegedly served Prince with legal papers that went into default because they were never acknowledged, he's now entitled to the singer's untold riches...
Quote:
San Bernadino Sun (6/8/95): ...Rameses America Mercury...claim(ed) that he and (Prince) entered into an oral agreement 12 years ago...that called for Mercury to help (Prince) with his career. In exchange, Mercury said he was to get either $1 million at the end of three years or one 1 billion at the end of 12 years...

(The) judge...continued the case...to give Mercury time to show that he had properly served Prince with a court summons...
Sounds like Mr. Mercury is confusing going into default with receiving a default judgement. Had the court ruled that a default judgement was due Mr. Mercury due to Prince's non-acknowledgement, it wouldn't have taken them 21 years to let Mr. Mercury know unless they're having major backlog problems. And if the case went into default, it's most likely because "implied" and "oral" agreements aren't worth the paper they're written on. Exit Rodney Herachio Dixon Mercury.

This just in -- more bad news for Tyka:
Quote:
TMZ: ...Lawyers for Darcell Johnston filed legal docs in Prince's probate case...claiming to be a long-lost half sister -- same mother, but different father from the singer. We're told some members of Prince's family only learned of Darcell's existence a few days ago...Bremer Trust bank will look into the legitimacy of Darcell's claim, although the court will have final say.
Poor Tyka, if you'll pardon the expression -- she may be forced to try to live out her days on a paltry one seventh of 300 million dollars. Though I'm willing to bet that an alleged child of one of Prince's dead siblings will soon make an appearance!

I guess it goes without saying that a dignified end to Prince's life is not to be...

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 09-30-2022 at 07:12 PM..