View Single Post

Old 06-20-2015, 05:58 PM
Something for the Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknation View Post
...I screenshot and captioned it? My Jovitalk nick was in the original tweet, one of the captions appears in one of my earlier posts, the pic is on my server -- and you have the nerve to suspect me?
That was a joke, NOT a legal strategy.

Despite reports that he told his friends, his victims, AND the cops that he was trying to start a race war, a scramble is underway to insist that Dylann Roof is not a race-based domestic terrorist -- though the United States Patriot Act says different:

Quote:
Cornell University Legal Information Institute: U.S. Code § 2331 - Definitions

(5) The term “domestic terrorism” means activities that:
(A) involve acts dangerous to human life that are a violation of the criminal laws of the United States or of any State;
(B) appear to be intended:
(i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population;
(ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or
(iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping; and
(C) occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States.
By his own admission, Roof intentionally performed an act dangerous to human life with the intent of intimidating or coercing a civilian population, which makes him guilty of domestic terrorism as well as murder and unlawful possession of a weapon. But depending on your political agenda, it turns out that just because Root told his friends, the cops, and even his victims that he was trying to start a race war, we SHOULDN'T draw the conclusion that he was trying to start a race war!

Quote:
NY Daily News: South Carolina...(m)agistrate James “Skip” Gosnell, Jr...announced in the courtroom packed with the victims’ anguished relatives:

“There are victims on this young man’s side of the family...Nobody would have ever thrown them into the whirlwind of events that they are being thrown into...We must find it in our heart at some point in time not only to help those that are victims but to also help his family as well.”

Gosnell’s...statement — which was aired live on cable news — drew the wrath of hordes of furious social media users...
Quote:
Daily Kos: ...Charles Cotton...of the National Rifle Association...decided to weigh in with his own explanation of who was really to blame for this horrific act of domestic terrorism: One of the murder victims...State Senator Clementa Pinckney..."voted against concealed-carry. Eight of his church members who might be alive if he had expressly allowed members to carry handguns in church are dead. Innocent people died because of his position on a political issue."
Quote:
Right Wing Watch: Texas Gov. Rick Perry described the mass shooting at an African American church in Charleston earlier this week as an “accident” that was possibly caused by the over-prescription of medication...

Instead of talking about guns, Perry said, we should be talking about prescription drugs: "It seems to me, again without having all the details about this, that these individuals have been medicated and there may be a real issue in this country from the standpoint of these drugs and how they’re used.”

He added that while the shooting was “a crime of hate,” he didn’t know if it should be called a terrorist attack.

Business Insider: Reached for comment, a Perry communications adviser wrote in an email..."When watching the entire interview, it's clear from the context of his comments that Governor Perry meant incident."
Quote:
AddictingInfo: During a radio interview...Rick Santorum claimed that...Roof chose his victims “indiscriminately.”

“It’s obviously a crime of hate. We don’t know the rationale, but what other rationale could there be?...(Y)ou talk about the importance of prayer at this time, and we’re now seeing assaults on religious liberty we’ve never seen before..."
Quote:
MediaMatters: Fox & Friends host Steve Doocy stated that it was extraordinary the massacre was being labeled a hate crime, positing, "It was a church, so maybe that's what they're talking about" and citing "hostility towards Christians."

Guest Bishop E. W. Jackson agreed that "most people jump to conclusions about race," and that "we don't know why he went into a church, but he didn't choose a bar" or "basketball court."

Later, frequent Fox guest and former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani theorized that "we don't know the motivation of the person who did this," saying "maybe he hates Christian churches."

And later that day on Fox News Radio, Brian Kilmeade speculated that maybe the shooter "hates Christian churches" or possibly just the state of South Carolina.
Quote:
Huffington Post: "It was a horrific act and I don't know what the background of it is, but it was an act of hatred," Jeb Bush said.

Asked again whether the shooting was because of race, Bush added, "I don't know. Looks like to me it was, but we'll find out all the information. It's clear it was an act of raw hatred, for sure. Nine people lost their lives, and they were African-American. You can judge what it is."
Now, read these stories again, pretend that Roof is black and his victims were white, and see if they still make sense!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 02-18-2016 at 06:52 PM..