View Single Post

Old 06-25-2015, 05:49 PM
Something for the Posts

Dylann Roof had a now defunct Facebook page which "showed an image of Roof apparently...wearing a jacket with the flags of apartheid-era South Africa and white-ruled Rhodesia (now Zimbabwe), which fought a bitter civil war against black majority rule." But wait -- there's more.

It turns out Roof also had a personal web site called Last Rhodesian, consisting of a home page illustrated with a bloodied body and links to just two files. One is a zip file containing several dozen photos of Roof doing things like holding confederate flags. The other file is a manifesto of sorts -- here's how he launched his brilliant career:

Quote:
The event that truly awakened me was the Trayvon Martin case...It was obvious that Zimmerman was in the right...(It) prompted me to type in the words “black on White crime”...and I have never been the same...The first website I came to was the Council of Conservative Citizens...I researched deeper and found out...that the same things were happening in...all the other Western European countries...I found out about the...other issues facing our race, and I can say today that I am completely racially aware.
About that Council of Conservative Citizens: According to Rachel Maddow, it was founded in 1954 in response to United States racial segregation laws being struck down, their specialty was harassing anti-segregationists, they've donated an average of $1000US to roughly fifty Republican groups and politicians since the decade began -- and four of those politicians are in the running to be the next U.S. president!

Quote:
Guardian.com: (CCC leader) Earl Holt has given $65,000 to Republican campaign funds in recent years while inflammatory remarks – including that black people were “the laziest, stupidest and most criminally-inclined race in the history of the world” – were posted online in his name...

(Senator) Ted Cruz’s presidential campaign said it would be returning...$8,500...received from CCC...However, a spokesman...said the senator...would instead be making an $11,000 donation to the Mother Emanuel Hope Fund..."to help support the families of victims from the Charleston shooting.”

...In a statement...Rick Santorum said he, too, would be donating past campaign contributions to the fund for the victims’ families...

ThinkProgress.org: While Senator Rand Paul quickly moved to donate the contributions he received from Earl Holt III to a fund established to help the victims’ families, this stands in stark contrast to his past handling of white separatist donors.

JS Online: Governor Scott Walker, who could announce his presidential bid as early as July 13, will give to charity the donations he received from...the Council of Conservative Citizens...

Equally important, the manifesto once and for all settles the question of Roof's motives:
Quote:
...I chose Charleston because it is most historic city in my state, and at one time had the highest ratio of blacks to Whites in the country. We have no skinheads, no real KKK, no one doing anything but talking on the Internet. Well, someone has to have the bravery to take it to the real world, and I guess that has to be me...
Leaving quite a few politicians with egg on their faces. But if Dylan Roof is not a domestic terrorist, not a demon, and not a racist, what does that leave? Being nuttier than squirrel turds. New Jersey governor and United States presidential candidate Chris Christie described Roof as "obviously pretty depraved." And below (from left to right): Rand Paul, Lindsey Graham, Nikki Haley, Mark Sanford, Bobby Jindal.

P.S. Roof's manifesto also contains remarks about Jews and Hispanics that give good cause to conclude that he is most likely not a Bon Jovi fan.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 12-09-2015 at 02:03 AM..