View Single Post

Old 07-20-2016, 12:56 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default The "Share Something Positive" Thread

Every day we wake up to more bad news, terrorism, violence, racial tensions, politics.... the world has gone mad. This thread is for us to share positive things. It can be about yourself or someone else or something in the world. Just take the time to share something positive and let's make each other feel good for a minute.

I'll start.

I have a friend who is in the hospital with pancreatitis. She's been in ICU and was near death. Her blood sugar got up to 1870 (normal is 120). She's in a regular room now. She recognized me and JoAnn when we went in her room and she was happy to see us and we were able to talk to her about 30 minutes. She's improved so much from where she was!

I saw my former college roommate Sonya today. She wanted one of my stepsister's kittens. So she brought her kids to my house to get one. Her kids had never met me before. They asked Sonya why there were so many dogs when they drove up and Sonya said, "That's what Becky does--she saves animals." Then they came in and saw the cats. Before they left one of her boys shook my hand and told me I was the best person he'd ever met because I "save animals" and the other told me he wanted an exact replica of my house and to have as many cats as I do. That made me feel really good because I've been working on my house all summer, painting and redecorating. Also today, I took my vacuum cleaner attachment to get it fixed and it didn't cost me anything! So now I can vacuum again. I don't have to sweep every day! Hey, if you did as much housework as me, you'd know this is a big thing.

Okay, please play along and share something positive. I'm sick of bad news all the time.