Thread: UFC
View Single Post

Old 11-15-2016, 03:41 PM
Jovi FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walleris View Post
I'm massive fan of UFC and Conor and off course 205 was phenomenal.

Like Conor himself said, you need to have physical advantages over him (weight, reach, height); if you're his size, you're dead. Especially surprising was his take-down defense - Eddie shot a few times and did not even come close.

I love his antics and his power play and I think he is going to get what he wants and rightfully so. UFC 196 did 1.6 M buys, 202 did 1.65 and 205 should do about 1.8 at least. These are the three biggest PPVs in the company's history and it's all on Conor's back. He is obviously paid nicely for this compared to other fighters, but UFC has a reputation of criminally underpaying their talent. So I'm all for fighters getting what they are worth. The leverage is on his side, because WME is in a lot of debt after spending 4 billion for UFC and so is under a lot of pressure to deliver on great profits; and with Ronda being on her way out, Conor is their only ticket to get there.

I agree he has massively helped propel the UFC to the next level. And I don't blame him for expecting a bigger reward as a result. I just think he needs to be careful to not out position himself, and force an ultimatum that may not play out the way he hopes.

Jon Jones has done Conor a huge favour too.

I'm not sure about Ronda. Her return fight is make or break. She'd need an impressive winning streak to repair some of the damage to her reputation. Savage KO's are confidence killers.

Who would you like to see Conor fight next?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk