Thread: UFC
View Single Post

Old 08-14-2017, 09:12 AM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
I think a lot will depend on this Mayweather result. If he gets dismantled, I think he'll want a UFC fight to get a win and massage his ego. IF....if, he beats Mayweather, he'll want another boxing match.

I still think he has a chance against Mayweather without ever being in the same league as him. He'll probably weigh 15lbs more than Floyd come fight night, has the reach, has power, punches from unusually angles and maybe more importantly, believes he'll win.

He genuinely thinks Floyd is too small and can't take his power. Obviously this doesn't necessarily make it so, but some fighters go into fights weary of their opponent. It can make you too cautious and nervous. Loads of fighters have publicly admitted they have dealt with that type of pressure heading into big fights and feel it played a huge part in their performance. Conor doesn't give a ****. Plus FM is just not the same fighter. He can't be. Age, lack of activity, brittle hands.

All that said, I'd not be surprised to see him get a stoppage against McGregor. I think CM will throw everything into the first 4 rounds, and if he punches himself out, Floyd will pick him apart and force a stoppage due to fatigue.

McGregor to win by stoppage within 4 or Mayweather stoppage rounds 6-8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Well, if we're to believe the footage and feedback from Malignagi sparing sessions, it certainly gives me hope!