Thread: UFC
View Single Post

Old 11-15-2016, 04:00 PM
These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeper View Post
I agree he has massively helped propel the UFC to the next level. And I don't blame him for expecting a bigger reward as a result. I just think he needs to be careful to not out position himself, and force an ultimatum that may not play out the way he hopes.

Jon Jones has done Conor a huge favour too.

I'm not sure about Ronda. Her return fight is make or break. She'd need an impressive winning streak to repair some of the damage to her reputation. Savage KO's are confidence killers.

Who would you like to see Conor fight next?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What favor by Jon Jones? His return fight vs. OSP only made 425,000 PPV buys. A 1/4 of what any McGregor PPV makes at this point. He is a non-factor. Perhaps GSP could get closer (800k-1million), but that's it. Ronda is the only one who can do over a million and it's still significantly less than Conor. 207 will be really interesting what number it makes on PPV; I expect it to be about 1.1-1.2 M. I think despite the loss, there is going to be a lot of interest in how she looks after the loss; especially in mainstream. Also, when Conor lost to Nate, his drawing power did not suffer one bit. It's not boxing, the W-L records aren't everything.

I think Conor will fight Nate next; that trilogy fight will not be available forever and is an easy cash-in. Khabib also makes sense and is a terrible stylistic matchup, but I think Khabib/Tony should be next as a title eliminator and if that happens then the 'inactive Khabib' excuse may not be relevant anymore and he could fight Conor afterwards. Personally, I'd love for Conor to go back to 145 and defend it against Dominick Cruz. I know he's a smaller guy, but when healthy the guy has been on the league of his own. And his challenges (movement, avoiding shots) to Conor would be completely different than any other possible opponent. Plus, he is very well spoken and would be able to talk proper trash and sell himself to general public. I just hope he doesn't decide to get the third belt. He had so much difficulties against Nate and he is not even a true 170. We have weight classes for a reason.