View Single Post

Old 12-20-2008, 02:57 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Absolutely flawless albums

This is not a list thread. This is a topic so that people can post their opinions on what are great albums, that are more or less perfect. Basically I'll knock a few off, and then people can say their favourite albums.

In no particular order...

The Beatles - Revolver
Wow. Half an hour of genius psychedelic pop/rock. Has only been beaten once.

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
One of my favourites at the moment. More poppy than Revolver but still pretty psychedelic. Absolutely perfect collection of beautiful songs.

Oasis - Definitely Maybe
The greatest album of all time. Slide Away is the greatest song of all time. I'm sure the hair metallers on here will scoff at that but I probably hate your choices even more...

The Stone Roses - The Stone Roses
Brilliant album. Ian Brown's vocals, while not technically great, blend with the sublime music to create the ultimate indie album.

Neil Young - On The Beach
Another one of my favourites at the moment. Ranging from angry blues to soft acoustic music, these are eight essential tracks.

The Rolling Stones - Sticky Fingers
The ultimate heroin drenched rock 'n' roll record. Production and arrangement excellent, but not as much as the songs themselves, and their sleazy riffs.

The Kinks Are The Village Green Preservation Society
Quintessentialy British...a pure classic, going back to the old ways of British society in some brilliant reto rock.

Post your favourite albums now...I'm going to bed.