View Single Post

Old 12-20-2008, 05:29 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

BAT OUT OF HELL - MEAT LOAF
A masterpiece. Meat Loaf is one of three rock artists that got me into rock full time. I remember my dad always playing this album when I was young but back then nothing was greater than Steps for me so I ignored it all. Until one day, when I was about 10 or 11 my walkman and I were feeling a bit lonely so I stuck in the first CD I saw on the CD rack...Bat Out Of Hell. Within the space of pressing play to reaching the end of the final song I had fallen in love, especially with the title track. I played the 10 minute title track so often in that one night that I learnt the majority of the words - which turned out to be a bit of a curse the next day The next day I was in school and in the lesson History I was supposed to be writing an essay on Native Americans but somehow subconciously started writing the lyrics to Bat Out Of Hell but did not realise until my teacher came round, told me off and kept me in during lunch to write the essay again But hell to that, it's a great, epic rock album and I still love it to this day.

STRANGER IN THIS TOWN - RICHIE SAMBORA
Never in my life did I think I'd listen to the blues and enjoy it, but I had to get this album to help on my way to completing all things Bon Jovi. Upon first listen I couldn't hate any album any more than I did this. But Jem and a few other Jovi fans seem shocked at this so I felt stupid for hating it, so I continued to listen to it and on the second listen I liked it a bit more, then the third a bit more up until about the 5th time when I declared it was one of my favourite albums. The first half of the album is a lovely masterpiece of blues and then into the latter half it delves into rock blues, great album.

PYROMANIA - DEF LEPPARD
Def Leppard hit the big time with glossy glam metal hits like Pour Some Sugar On Me, Animal, Let's Get Rocked and more, but prior them days Def Leppard were more like AC/DC...but better. Pyromania doesn't have a single skippable track (much like all the albums in this list), tracks like Rock Rock (Til You Drop), Stagefright and Rock Of Ages are freakin' awesome. Billy's Got A Gun is not just one of the best tracks on the album but also of the entire Def Leppard catalogue. Joe Elliot's vocals have never been the best but I believe back in these days it was the best and fitted the music perfectly.

HIGH 'N' DRY - DEF LEPPARD
The album before Pyromania and perhaps slightly better, but I'm not sure as I haven't had the album long so it's still new and fresh to me. This album contains some brilliant rock tracks such as the title track, You Got Me Runnin', Lady Strange and Mirror Mirror (Look Into My Eyes). It's just a great balls to the walls rock album (is that how the saying goes?).

THESE DAYS - BON JOVI
From the start to the end this moody album is beautiful. Made up of a few great rock tracks like Hey God, Damned and Something For The Pain. The rest of the album isn't made up of loud songs but instead beautiful songs. These Days is aa big fan favourite (much like the album itself), My Guitar Lies Bleeding In My Arms could be described as nothing else but amazing. Something To Believe In is one of my favourite all time Bon Jovi tracks. And all the other songs are just as good as well, but I can't be bothered writing anymore.

BAT OUT OF HELL III: THE MONSTER IS LOOSE - MEAT LOAF
I'm bored of this game now so I can't be bothered to write much but this is a great epic album.

I'll do more later