View Single Post

Old 04-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Go talk to Slayer, Sepultura, Pantera etc fans...
How does that make an impact on the scene?

Quote:
Most of the ones I talked to like Skid Row only because of Subhuman Race.
Again, how does that make an impact "on the scene"? Skid Row tried to go heavy, lost all their fans and gained 4 new ones.

Quote:
Who the hell was talking about commercial success???
"Having an impact" means they influenced a lot of people. An album that sells only a few thousand copies isn't "making an impact". Losing all your fans isn't "making an impact." Just because one of your friends likes Skid Row because of that record doesn't mean it made an impact.

It flopped, badly. That's one of the reasons they broke up.

Quote:
A flop in your opinion having only few huindred people at a show?
Yep, in my opinion and everyone elses. For a band that played to tens of thousands of people on their previous tour, that's REALLY bad.

Quote:
How many people did Richie have during his European Tour? Still I consider Undiscovered Soul amazing.
You seem to have a problem with recognising that what YOU like might actually be a flop. You liking it has nothing to do with it. Both Richie's solo albums flopped badly. UD was many times worse than SITT, but they both flopped. Richie didn't make any money touring here, on the contrary, he lost money.

It doesn't matter if YOU think the albums were "amazing", Subhuman Race, SITT and UD were ALL flops.

Ice
well, unfortunately, you prove again you talk only because you like to talk. No substance at all.

Having commercial success is completly different from having an impact on a scene.
I am actually sure SLAYER's SEASONS IN THE ABSYSS sold less than SUBHUMAN RACE. Still it's considered a MILESTONE in Thrash's history.
Again SLAYER's DIABOLUS IN MUSICA was even heavier and made Slayer lose half of their fans. But it was innovative and even if it sold considerably less than the previous Slayer albums it had a huge impact on THRASH/DEATH/HARDCORE albums that followed.
Only the fact that you brought money into this discussion is brainless. I mean...if 40 thrash metal bands say one of my fave albums is SUBHUMAN RACE by SKID ROW then it definetly had an impact on the scene no matter how much "money it earned".
Same with SITT(even if i don't think it had the same impact SUbhuman Race had)