View Single Post

Old 04-17-2005, 12:55 PM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneDeaf
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon
Go talk to Slayer, Sepultura, Pantera etc fans...
Most of the ones I talked to like Skid Row only because of Subhuman Race.
Go ask those same fans u know about Bon Jovi. And if they don't like it, u are obligated to state out that Bon Jovi is officially crap.
If Bon Jovi release tomorrow an album like Subhuman Race i can guarantee al these people will tell me WOOOOW: BON JOVI ROCK DUUUUDE! Doesn't this mean the album had an impact on this SCENE? It's that easy and that's all I meant. It was pretty much the same as BJ had a clip for HEY GOD.

Quote:
Point is, you can't really compare Pantera-Slayer-Sepultura kind of metal with Skid Row. Of course people who are into heavier stuff are more into Subhuman Race, since it is bit different from dubut/2nd album. Also, I dont get the point of album that has no commercial success whatsoever having major impact on anything. It might have influenced a group of people, but to state that something has changed the scene forever, you start talking about acts like Metallica or Nirvana.
None of the bands that are part of the heavy(and i mean more than heavy)rock scene(power metal,thrash, death)don't sell a lot. Metallica used to but they are no longer part of this scene. The point about selling a lot can't be added to this discussion. It's just stupid.
I mean you can't compare audiences. And having in mind that Subhuman Race sold more than similar albums brought out at the same time by big names of the heavy rock scene is an impact already.