View Single Post

Old 04-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Posting Always

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsSon
None of the bands that are part of the heavy(and i mean more than heavy)rock scene(power metal,thrash, death)don't sell a lot. Metallica used to but they are no longer part of this scene. The point about selling a lot can't be added to this discussion. It's just stupid.
I mean you can't compare audiences. And having in mind that Subhuman Race sold more than similar albums brought out at the same time by big names of the heavy rock scene is an impact already.
Well prove me wrong and point out some links to numbers that prove the fact that Subhuman race did sell so well. Scene, well if u can't compare acts like Metallica with heavyheaveHEAVY scene, u for sure can't compare Skid Row to it either. What comes to selling part....you're totally wrong. With sales comes the impact to the scene. I don't mean the band needs to top the charts, but to have any kind of impact u need 1) album that offers something new to the genre 2) same album selling enough to gain more attention than "few of your buddies". Few people talking with each other isn't impacting jack and shite. 3) setting some sort of new standard to the genre....or, something that starts a genre/brings underground crap to open. If you're talking about performing live, sure that can impact a lot. But you can't compare live performance to album's impact on anything.

Once again, if few of your buddies call it good it for sure doesn't equal having impact to scene.