View Single Post

Old 01-30-2008, 11:16 AM
Tokyo Road

i like Avenged Sevenfold, I've seen them live twice now and it's a great show IMO ... the first time supporting Guns N' Roses in 2006 would have been awesome if not for the atrocious mixing (I can tell you the drumming was good, that's about it), and I saw a headlining show of theirs just last Thursday, which again would have been awesome if it had been longer (1 hour 15 minutes, with 4 albums to draw from?!)

It does actually make sense for them to be supporting Maiden, you can tell that they are a heavy influence on their twin guitar style. I'd sum up Avenged Sevenfold as sounding like a modern day equivalent of what a cross between GnR and Maiden would sound like. Their first two albums were indeed a lot more screamy, but there's still a lot of melody, and amazingly inventive instrumental arrangements

As well as Seize The Day, good songs to check out are Bat Country, Beast And The Harlot (has one of the most stupidly catchy choruses EVER), Unholy Confessions (more screamy but still great), and Almost Easy

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!