Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ

Marvelous 3

Other Bands

Old 07-08-2006, 09:43 PM
Blaze of Posting

Default Marvelous 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HGNj...=marvelous%203

It amazes me how these guys never had a hit.
And that Butch Walker is aLOT more succesful at producing than with his own albums, but anyway, I am just now starting to get into these guys,

Anyone recommend an album to get started on??

Old 03-19-2011, 02:44 AM
Blaze of Posting

Since I am stuck working on a Friday night I've decided to neglect my responsibilities and search for a post that I know got neglected but that deserves to be recognized because the band was ****ing kick ass and Butch is still the ****ing Shit!!!
Old 03-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javier View Post
Since I am stuck working on a Friday night I've decided to neglect my responsibilities and search for a post that I know got neglected but that deserves to be recognized because the band was ****ing kick ass and Butch is still the ****ing Shit!!!
i was going to reply to your OP when I realised this post was almost 5 years old

the 1st 2 albums are okayish, but "Ready Sex Go" has got to be one of the most played albums on the soundtrack of my life ~ how poetic ~ and it still is on heavy rotation today. love their style. seriously, there isn't one bad song on that album, the lyrics are fun, witty, unconventional, the songs are simply awesome.

BW's "Left of Celf Centered" follows the same formula, for me it's like RSG part II. now that i think of it i haven't checked out his last 2 solo albums, sacrilege! are they worth getting or is this a stupid question and what song did you post? cause it's disabled for me.
Old 03-20-2011, 11:52 PM
Keep the Faith

Send a message via MSN to JerseyboyUK

Marvelous 3 - excellent!

Butch Walker (solo) - sheeeeiiiiite
Old 03-21-2011, 12:22 AM
Blaze of Posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie79 View Post
i was going to reply to your OP when I realised this post was almost 5 years old

the 1st 2 albums are okayish, but "Ready Sex Go" has got to be one of the most played albums on the soundtrack of my life ~ how poetic ~ and it still is on heavy rotation today. love their style. seriously, there isn't one bad song on that album, the lyrics are fun, witty, unconventional, the songs are simply awesome.

BW's "Left of Celf Centered" follows the same formula, for me it's like RSG part II. now that i think of it i haven't checked out his last 2 solo albums, sacrilege! are they worth getting or is this a stupid question and what song did you post? cause it's disabled for me.
yeah, I was listening to their albums again and searched for their name to see which posts people had written about them and found my own people just don't get how genius this band was!! "Ready sex go!" is one of my favorite albums by any band ever.
Butch just never reached the same potential again, Left of Self centered was great but left me a bit underwhelmed, and his last album while it has some good songs, none of them really stood out to me. I haven't really paid too much attention to his solo stuff, but his production and songwriting with Pink, Midtown and Bowling for soup is nothing short of Excellent!!!
Old 03-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

Quote:
"Ready sex go!" is one of my favorite albums by any band ever.
ah, easy! it's one of my favourite albuns ever as well. i've totally worn out that cd. i got it about a year after it was released and i was so blown away by it i hardly listened to anything else for month or 2. i couldn't keep my hands off of it i'd just play it over and over and over, from 1st song to the last. hard to believe it's been 10 years since i had it blasting out of my car's stereo. not something i would usually do, but can you blame me it's that awesome. i hope they'll get back together one day. they literally went out with a bang, which sort of leaves a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

Quote:
Butch just never reached the same potential again, Left of Self centered was great but left me a bit underwhelmed, and his last album while it has some good songs, none of them really stood out to me. I haven't really paid too much attention to his solo stuff, but his production and songwriting with Pink, Midtown and Bowling for soup is nothing short of Excellent!!!
i agree, i reckon both the first 2 M3 albuns and LOSC were a mix of killer songs and very average ones. still it might be worth getting them. i'm not familiar with the stuff he's been writing for other artists, not that i know of. i see he's been writing for a lot of popular acts. i knew of BW because he was in a band before M3 called Southgang. typicall 80's Headbanger's Ball material i used to (?) be totally hooked on