Thread: Bruuuuce
View Single Post

Old 11-22-2011, 11:42 PM
Dry County

The name E-Street Band doesnt fall with the people leaving the band that were once in it. Bruce doesnt need to play Born To Run or any other hits where Clarence had a big role in. He doesnt need them to make a concert good. He is also able to present them as new versions, acoustic versions for example.

I don't see why he shouldnt call it the E-Street Band anymore now Clarence died. Danny was a member too, you dont hear anybody complaining they still call it the ESB after he passed away. Yes. Clarence is a bigger part of the band but still. A lot of rockbands have had other members over the years as well and they still use the same name. Don't make things more dramatic as they are. Songs can still be played, maybe as different versions and that might work refreshing after having played it so many tours as the same version. Clarence death, as a pity as it is, opens the door to something new in my opinion so we will see what Bruce brings. And I would prefer a different version then a version in a setting that isnt 'correct'. Bring on the acoustic guitar and harmonica!

Back to topic. If he doesnt come to Holland I'll probably will try to get tickets for London. I am certain of one thing, I WILL see them!

Bring on more dates!

I salute you,
TS