Thread: Bruuuuce
View Single Post

Old 11-22-2011, 11:11 PM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to ticos_stick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker View Post
The name E-Street Band doesnt fall with the people leaving the band that were once in it. Bruce doesnt need to play Born To Run or any other hits where Clarence had a big role in. He doesnt need them to make a concert good. He is also able to present them as new versions, acoustic versions for example.

I don't see why he shouldnt call it the E-Street Band anymore now Clarence died. Danny was a member too, you dont hear anybody complaining they still call it the ESB after he passed away. Yes. Clarence is a bigger part of the band but still. A lot of rockbands have had other members over the years as well and they still use the same name. Don't make things more dramatic as they are. Songs can still be played, maybe as different versions and that might work refreshing after having played it so many tours as the same version. Clarence death, as a pity as it is, opens the door to something new in my opinion so we will see what Bruce brings. And I would prefer a different version then a version in a setting that isnt 'correct'. Bring on the acoustic guitar and harmonica!

Back to topic. If he doesnt come to Holland I'll probably will try to get tickets for London. I am certain of one thing, I WILL see them!

Bring on more dates!

I salute you,
TS
That's a rather blinkered viewpoint you've taken.

Yeah, some bands carried on when members died but that doesn't mean it was the right thing to do. Led Zeppelin vowed never to make more music or tour after John Bonham died and today they are probably the most respected and revered band of all time whereas bands like The Who have become jokes and have lost a lot of respect for flogging a dead horse.

Bruce retired The E Street Band for long periods of time when Clarence and Danny were in their prime. Now they're dead do we really need some 2nd rate version, is anyone that hungry for it?

No, people have become greedy on both sides.

I'm all for a Springsteen tour, not a nostalgia fest.