Thread: Bruuuuce
View Single Post

Old 11-23-2011, 07:41 AM
Dry County

So if I understand you correctly you say dont play any famous songs anymore when 1 member who had a great role in the song passed away or isnt in the band anymore for whatever reason?

It is your opinion and I respect it but that is why is also said, he could still present the songs in different versions. When he for example would play BTR acoustic with a harmonica you can see that as a respect to the big man who isnt there anymore and therefore not playing that version. The ESB is more then all the members in it.

If every band would quit playing hits or quit playing at all after a member died or left the band it would become awefully silent when it comes to the proper rock bands of old. Queen (whats left of it) did a fine job with Paul Rodgers, AC/DC still does a fine job with Brian Johnson. It's the music a band brings that makes them legendary, not 1 specific member of the band. Ofcourse I would like to see Clarence play the solo and parts in BTR and other songs but that is not going to happen. When it's played as the original version ofcorse it will feel that you miss something, someone, but its better to keep the music alive and not let it die with the persons who made the song. Keep the music alive is my opinion.

I salute you,
TS