View Single Post

Old 01-14-2008, 05:19 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

Spirit is shit, and only flows because the last 10 tracks merely sound the same.

I'm wondering what Bryan Adams will release now, since Room Service obviously was a bland as an album could be, it only had 3 good songs, the rest of it was pure filler to me.

Also, this album was supposed to be released at the same time as Room Service. At least, that was his idea, to release 2 albums at the same time. One of it should contain the songs like you have them now on Room Service, and the other disc should have the songs stripped, like played on one acoustic guitar. Obviously, this idea wasn't supported by the record company, since Bryan Adams had not released a big seller since 1996, and it seemed to piss him off a bit, hence the delay with Room Service.

Then the next idea was to release the album a year later, a year later he said he had written 10 new songs, and last year he was supposed to be supporting the album, but he still had not finalised it and came up with the excuse that "he hadn't finished writing the songs." Oh well.

He will tour the album this summer in Europe though, the Scandinavian Tour is already confirmed and on sale, and he'll probably visit most of the other parts of Europe again as well. He's a good performer, but I wish he'd drop half of the ballads for once. Half of his set is filled with every nineties ballad he has ever released, and as soon as you're into the set, there's another Everything I Do. A shame really, because when he's into it he really knows how to rock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyboyUK View Post
The type of guitar on the cover suggests maybe it is a more laid back, perhaps country approach!
Never been a huge fan of his recorded albums, but i agree he is a top-class live performer.
The type of guitar on the cover is a Gretsch, a guitar Bryan and his guitar player Keith Scott use for most rock driven songs. Summer Of '69, Kids Wanna Rock, The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You are all songs played on such guitars since 1996, I think.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan