Thread: Coldplay
View Single Post

Old 04-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Just posting

Send a message via MSN to Panda
Default Coldplay

I have officially been converted. Just came back from Coldplay on the second night of their world tour and my mind was absolutely blown. They are doing things that (to my knowledge) haven't been done before**. It's just astounding how good, and tight and amazing they are live. Chris Martin throws himself across the stage, is as personable as ever and is just an all together really good front man. They had a regular stage, a B-Stage and a a mini C-stage that they set up in the middle of the upper bowl to play an acoustic song to open the encore for the people in the back. Their songs come across so well live, and I would recommend them to anyone, even if they didn't know a song. It truly was a spectacle in itself.

Some might argue that the flashy lights and the overall massive stage production would've thrown me off. But no. Chris Martin was skidding across his knees, running full tilt, spinning, dancing and really seamed to genuinely love playing songs like "Yellow" being over 12 years old. I have all of their albums except Parachutes and a live one, but I will soon grab those. Truly an unforgettable show, I had shivers running down my spine, and it brought me back to moments like seeing Hey God or I Believe in Europe.

** - Everyone at the door was given a wristband. During the show a remote sensor turned every single wristband on in different colors and flashed in and out in sync with some of the songs. I still have the wristband. Here are some of the pictures to show what I mean about the wristbands... And even then it doesn't give it justice.

I was fortunate enough to be not 10 feet away from the mini stage.

ANYWHO, I know Coldplay is pretty much hated on this board, but I'm wondering if there are any other hidden fans out there?