Thread: dance music
View Single Post

Old 08-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Crush

Send a message via MSN to Jim Bon Jovi
Default dance music

so my leftfield thread which was posted on the back of rediscovering some great old skool trance tunes on ministry of sound's anthems 91-08 albumhas put me on a little dance music binge and i've spent the morning doing mixes and mash ups on my laptop. i might even start doing it properly because alot of the stuff sounds really good and whenever i'm DJing and people ask me to break out the dance music and i get to do some proper DJing as opposed to being a talking jukebox it's always great fun and people seem to love it.

but i digress.

anyone else into dance music of any shape or form? could be anything from air to sanchez to the chemical brothers to cascada?

i do love pretty much any commercial dance music even the neddy techno crap i should by all accounts hate. in fact whenever i've been to upscale dance clubs like the ministry in london or B.lo up here i've been really put off because the music is so poncey.

you know when you hear a dj in a rock club and they're playing stuff like the 2nd B side off of the falls 4th single from the 2nd album just to make himself look all cool and hip? i hate that.

but i digress again.

anyone into dance musics and if so what artists and tunes do you like?

there;s one particular tunes i'm thinking will make a few appearances here that seems to cross the boundaries and be loved by pretty much everyone from kids all the way up to people in their 50s from what i've seen but i'll let you all guess it.