View Single Post

Old 06-17-2016, 06:00 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Deep Purple Drummer Misses First Gig Since 1968

Deep Purple Drummer Suffers Mini-Stroke In Sweden
Deep Purple drummer Ian Paice...(age 67)...has suffered a mini stroke, also referred to as a TIA (Transient Ischaemic Attack)...(Their) Stockholm gig, Gothenburg show and...performance in Horsens, Denmark were all cancelled. This is the very first time that Ian has missed a Deep Purple gig since they formed in 1968. Ian (said in) a statement:
Quote:
"...I woke up to find that the right side of my body was feeling numb and I could not control my right hand and fingers...I was diagnosed with having suffered a 'mini stroke', or TIA...

"There was found to be no serious or permanent damage. As of this moment all I am suffering is a slightly numb right side of the face a tingling sensation in my right hand. My dexterity in the hand is coming back quickly and I fully expect to re-commence touring next month..."
Purple recently finished recording their new album which is scheduled for a late 2016 release...We wish Ian well for a speedy recovery and hope to see him back in action in Turkey on 5th July.

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...

Last edited by rocknation; 06-17-2016 at 05:03 PM..