View Single Post

Old 06-20-2008, 03:20 AM
Jovi Addict

Send a message via AIM to JJx23

Actually C'mon C'mon is a great song. It's now being playing on the radio- and I have heard it live. Nine Lives was obviously Lep's first hit off of SFTSL, but I figured their next one would either be C'mon C'mon or Love.

Elliot's voice is so unpredictable night after night that you never know what it will sound like. Def Leppard is known for their harmonies and their ballads, however many people will say that Joe Elliot really isn't that great of a singer. He has a unique rock voice that's very raspy and there really isn't that much tune in his voice. There are times however where Joe surprises us all with great renditions of certain songs that he might have bombed the night or month before.

At Arrow rock, Joe sounded terrible. For instance - - this is a professional band singing? Actually.. I shouldn't say band because the backgrounds vocals sound pretty good, just Elliot's voice sounds like crap here.

Overall I really like Def Leppard. They are one of my favorite bands of all-time, so it's obviously not easy criticizing them, but either Elliot has never has voice lessons or his "trying" high pitched singing over the years have taken a toll on his voice.

Here is a video of C'mon C'mon and even though- again.. Joe doesn't sound that great, it's not a bad performance at all. - this is at Arrow Rock.

Regards,

Jason F.