View Single Post

Old 06-22-2008, 10:16 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Went to the gig lastnight, and it was freakin superb!! Missed black Stone Cherry so i cant comment. Whitesnake were great, David Coverdale did a lot of this pointing the mic out the audience stuff, dont know if that was because he cant sing or wanted audience interaction. Anyway, they sounded in fine fettle, DC is a great frontman and I found some of the comments he made in his posh english accent rather funny. Reb Beach and Doug Aldrich certainly had plenty of oppertunity to show off their talents, they are pretty amazing it must be said, especially Aldrich.

However, it was noticable what most folks were there for when the lights went out for DLs enterence. The place went ****in nuts and the opened with Rocket. The atmosphere picked up by 1000% for the whole show. Most who had the option during WS sat down, not many were sat for DL! I went to the gig thinking Joe's voice would be an embarrassment from what people had been saying. However, I thought it was great, and the band i think were truely surprised and takin aback by the reaction they got from the highly energetic crowd. Highlights for me: Rocket, Animal, Love & Hate, Bad Actress, Sugar. Really rockin' gig. Simply cant wait for the next time.

What made the night even more special was my GFs experience. When i got the tix she wasnt a big DL fan, but in the past 4 months she has listened to all their albums non-stop and has grown to love them. So, she joined event-sec with one main goal, to get to see the gig as it has been sold out for a while. Well, she didnt see the gig, but heard it, because she was working backstage!!! Her flippin job was to stand just behind the stage and shine a torch for the rock stars as they came on and off the stage. What a job! She was stood by all the guitars. She saw DL rehersing 2 steps behind before they went on. She met all the stars of the show lastnight, and had a conversation with Rick Allen, Viv Campbell and Rick Savage about the weather (which was horrific)!!lol. She said they were so down to earth. They all gave her a wee hug and Viv gave her a personalised DL guitar pic and signed it...a pic which I am now in possession of!! Whooohooo!! Its also nice to know that the Leps still get a big kick from playin live. She said when they came off stage after the show they were like little kids jumping around because of the excitment running through their veins!! Its all so flippin cool!! Im so jealous, but i cant really complain. I got my socks rocked off, and got a signed pic from the hometown boy, Viv!! What a night!!

Ali.