View Single Post

Old 06-27-2008, 12:05 PM
Tokyo Road

Heh, it was funny when Coverdale got the song wrong

I enjoyed Whitesnake, despite not knowing much of their stuff. Even though it was pretty much the David Coverdale show, the band were talented and entertaining enough to keep me interested. I'm glad they played Here I Go Again and Still Of The Night when they did though, I was beginning to get quite restless (not to mention I didn't feel brilliant)

Def Leppard did rock! I think I preffered them on the Yeah! Tour 2 years ago (the placement of songs was better IMO, Let's Get Rocked near the beginning, and an encore of When Love And Hate Collide and Pour Some Sugar, but last night was still a blast. I agree, I love the visual aspect of their show, and their use of platforms for multiple levels (similar to Metallica) is good too, and the extended stage worked really well. Shame that the only song off the new album they played that I actually like was Bad Actress. All in all I was happy that I heard five songs that I haven't hear them do before: the three new songs, plus Two Steps Behind and Bringing On The Heartbreak. The latter in particular was fantastic, acoustic for most of it, with lots of crowd participation, and then blasting black into a blistering full electric ending.

I think the main problem of the entire night was that the lead vocals were too quiet. I could barely hear either Dave Coverdale or Joe Elliot over the backing vocals, which was a shame

Sometimes you can just lay down
You can play the game
You can take the cards that they deal ya
And you can just pretend it's all over
BUT NOT ME!!!