View Single Post

Old 07-16-2008, 01:32 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

Saw them last night in Cardiff. Fantastic night. Just forget about why Leppard feel they have to tour with other 80's bands just to fill an arena.

The first band were Thunder who were incredible. The lead singer, what a voice! I know very little of them apart from Dirty Love, but now I've ordered Back Street Symphoney cause alot of the songs played were from that album.

Then Whitesnake. First time seeing them aswell. Like some people here, I'm not huge on them even though I own all studio albums from Slide It In onwards (there were on offer on Play.com not long ago so I went a bit mad) but I knew they would be impressive.....and they were. David Coverdale was sensational despite the fact that he's almost 60 years old. It was great to see Reb Beach of Winger play aswell as I'm quite a Winger fan. Started off with Best Years from the new album, played all the hits and just sounded awesome.

Then finally, Def Leppard came on. Second time seeing them (first was in Hammersmith Apollo in 2006) and even though they didn't sound quite so awesome as the Snake, they still put on a great show. So so much energy. And plus they are one of my all time favourite bands (and I admire them as people aswell) so the buzz was even higher. Though they really only played the Vault album and only 3 from Songs From The Sparkle Lounge (Nine Lives , C'mon C'mon and Bad Actress), literally. In 2006 when I saw them they at least played Rock Rock (Til You Drop), Let It Go, Promises, but this time they didn't strey from Vault at all. I guess they haven't played Cardiff in about 10 years maybe more so they couldn't really afford do dig deep into the catalogue. Still a fantastic night though.

It really is great to see bands like that still playing as if emo never existed.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.

Last edited by Dave 1986; 07-17-2008 at 12:47 AM..