View Single Post

Old 05-13-2011, 06:02 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

i actually like the new 3 songs especially Undefeated and Kings Of The New World. they sound current while the band still stays true to their sound. they can't really release High'n'Dry in 2011 or be stuck in the 80's if they want to attract a new younger audience. which i'm not sure that's what they are aiming for if they played Sugar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
it sucks that they put three songs from Sparkle Lounge, none from On Through the Night (not such a big deal since they have understandably barely touched it since the Pyromania tour,) none from Slang, none from Euphoria, and none from X.
this is what i don't get. Slang is such a defining moment in their career, an album that shows their versatility as songwritters and if nothing else it would be interesting to include a song from an album that represented a change in their sound. they are my 2nd favourite band after Bon Jovi so i'm a big fan of the classic albums. But i consider Slang their masterpiece if there is to be one. i remember all the fuss surrounding its release and how long it took me to get into it. 6 months or more on a shelf getting dusty cause i hated it upon first listen. but when i picked it up again, i never looked back. i truly think it's one of their best albums and it's a shame there isn't a single song off of it.

that said it doesn't bother me much, i'm not a fan of live albums. the only live album i listen to on a regular basis is Whitesnake's "Starkers in Tokyo" and i love it probably because it's an acoustic one.