View Single Post

Old 06-27-2011, 02:57 PM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

The album finally arrived today.

I gotta make a personal point, as this live album is quite significant to me as a fan because, although I've been a Def Leppard fan for about a decade now, I didn't get to see them live until 2006 on the Yeah! Tour. Up until then I only had to live on the In the Round and Don Valley DVDs, and of course up until now, we've had next to nothing since then in terms of live recordings, though I've since obtained Tokyo 1999 and now we have YouTube. Not being born until 1986, I totally missed out on the live era from the bands heyday.

I've seen Leppard live twice since 2006. Saw them in 2008 on the Sparkle Lounge tour and just recently at Download this year so for me this album marks as a book-end for my live experience of this band.

Playing the album right now and trying not to use the aforementioned DVDs as a point of reference. Like you BP, I've ripped the ITR, IYF DVD to mp3 and treat that as a live album which still gets played regularly in my car. The band sounds great and joes voice is better than I thought it would be if I'm being honest. As much as I would have loved to have had songs like Promises, Slang or Let It Go, the set list is fine for me as it generally reflects the sets from the shows that I saw, which again makes this package more significant for me. Quite surprised the didn't include When Love & Hate Collide though. Quite looking forward to watching the DVD later aswell.

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.