Thread: Def Leppard
View Single Post

Old 11-03-2006, 02:41 AM
Posting Always

Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986

That's quite a broad question really, but to be honest, there isn't really alot to go by. Since 2000 they've only release one album or new material, a 2nd best of package and a covers album and only play arenas, whereas Bon Jovi for example have had 3 original new studio albums, an acoustic album and a box set and still sell out stadiums all over the world, so you can judge for yourself how they stand in comparrison of one of their 80's peers. So it's sad to say Leppard aren't exactly going strong.

They're still a great live act and the majority of their music is timeless. They've *promised* a new, heavier studio album sometime next year, which I'm really looking forward to. Right now, all they need is another hit single just to get them back into the public eye. I don't like to say that they're hasbeens as I still feel that they have alot more to offer, it's just a case of them knuckling down and doing so, instead of constantly co-headlining tours.

To be fare though, aside from Bon Jovi, they HAVE outlasted most of the 80's contemporaries and still have a strong fanbase and although they've not had a hit single in over 10 years, they are far from being labelled a nostalgia act or a cult band IMO. It's still OK to like them!

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.