Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community
Home Register Members FAQ Mark Forums Read
 

Def Leppard - Viva Hysteria

Other Bands


Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #11  
Old 10-23-2013, 06:16 AM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 48
Gender: male
Posts: 4,067
Default

I'll definitely be ripping the Blu Ray audio. It's the only way to get the actual Ded Flatbird set opening with Won't Get Fooled Again. The bit segues directly into Good Morning Freedom and On Through the Night on their respective nights. That is why both tracks are a bit abrupt on the CD. Love Joe's scream in it upon the curtain drop from Night 2!
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote

  #12  
Old 10-23-2013, 01:37 PM
danfan's Avatar
danfan danfan is offline
Senior Member
Just posting
 
Join Date: 11 Nov 2002
Location: USA
Age: 45
Gender: male
Posts: 5,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Footage of Steve's solo leading into Gods of War from Live In The Round was shown on the screen.... that's what you hear. Prior to that the original intro from the album was played over the PA, but that was cut.

I disagree... Viva Hysteria sounds better.
Certain songs do. Sugar sounds better. Some sound the same, such as Love Bites, Hysteria, Armageddon It. Photograph sounds much better on MB, as does Rocket, even if it's the edited version.
__________________
Men don't do what they like.
Men get wives and jobs to keep them from what they like.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-24-2013, 08:24 PM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 48
Gender: male
Posts: 4,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
Was gonna preorder it on Amazon.co.uk for the Blu Ray but strangely haven't got round to it. It's the Blu Ray I'm after the most, so I can always rip the audio if I need it.
Hey Dave, how did the rip go? I'm realizing my software isn't going to be able to rip the Blu-Ray. The only way to get the Won't Get Fooled Again intro bit is to rip the audio off the discs. It's a damn shame because it's one o the most awesome bits in the whole show.. I especially love Night 2 with how it leads into On Through The Night.
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Iceman's Avatar
Iceman Iceman is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 11 Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere between heaven & hell.
Age: 43
Gender: male
Posts: 8,206
Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman
Default

****, is Best Buy really the only place that sells the BluRay/CD combo? I'd want that one, but Best Buy doesn't deliver overseas.

Ice
__________________
D.Barry:"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them."
M.Brooks: "If presidents can't do it to their wives, they do it to their country."

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-24-2013, 11:27 PM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 48
Gender: male
Posts: 4,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
****, is Best Buy really the only place that sells the BluRay/CD combo? I'd want that one, but Best Buy doesn't deliver overseas.

Ice
I think the Japanese import is the other option. Def Leppard - Viva! Hysteria (BD+2CDS) [Japan LTD... Def Leppard - Viva! Hysteria (BD+2CDS) [Japan LTD...
Not a cheap option, unfortunately.

I could forward it to you, but you are probably best off just getting the CD and BD sets individually.
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.

Last edited by Bleeding Purist; 10-24-2013 at 11:30 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 10-24-2013, 11:33 PM
Dave 1986's Avatar
Dave 1986 Dave 1986 is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 28 Aug 2002
Location: Cardiff, Wales (Quarantined)
Age: 34
Gender: male
Posts: 2,179
Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
Hey Dave, how did the rip go? I'm realizing my software isn't going to be able to rip the Blu-Ray. The only way to get the Won't Get Fooled Again intro bit is to rip the audio off the discs. It's a damn shame because it's one o the most awesome bits in the whole show.. I especially love Night 2 with how it leads into On Through The Night.
I haven't attempted it yet as I don't yet have a Blu Ray drive. Sorry I wasn't clear on that one before. I kinda meant that eventually when I get a BD drive then I can rip the audio when the time comes. I doubt a PC from 2007 would have the stamina for a blu ray drive to be honest!

Shame you've not been successful with your ripping. I've never used BD audio ripping software (obviously), only DVD Audio Extractor. The latest version must be supporting BD by now.

Yea it's wrong about the BD/2CD package being a Best Buy exclusive. Despite what I said in my previous post, if that weren't the case I'd be all over that version.
__________________
Dave

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 10-24-2013, 11:35 PM
Dave 1986's Avatar
Dave 1986 Dave 1986 is offline
Senior Member
Posting Always
 
Join Date: 28 Aug 2002
Location: Cardiff, Wales (Quarantined)
Age: 34
Gender: male
Posts: 2,179
Send a message via MSN to Dave 1986
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
I think the Japanese import is the other option. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00ED...mw_dp_buy_opt?

Not a cheap option, unfortunately.

I could forward it to you, but you are probably best off just getting the CD and BD sets individually.
Probably be cheaper to buy a Blu Ray drive and software to rip it!
__________________
Dave

If I die tomorrow, have I said all I can say?

Follow me on Twitter

PSN ID: Dave_Hedgehog86

Bon Jovi Concerts:
28th June 2003, Hyde Park, London
9th June 2006, St. Mary's Stadium, Southampton.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 10-24-2013, 11:41 PM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 48
Gender: male
Posts: 4,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
I think the Japanese import is the other option. http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B00ED...mw_dp_buy_opt?

Not a cheap option, unfortunately.

I could forward it to you, but you are probably best off just getting the CD and BD sets individually.
I take it back. Head to Ebay and you'll find a bunch of "Buy It Now" sales of the Best Buy version. http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?kw=def+...=1&bin=1&so=12
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 10-25-2013, 07:36 AM
Iceman's Avatar
Iceman Iceman is offline
Senior Member
The Distance
 
Join Date: 11 Oct 2002
Location: Somewhere between heaven & hell.
Age: 43
Gender: male
Posts: 8,206
Send a message via ICQ to Iceman Send a message via MSN to Iceman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist View Post
I take it back. Head to Ebay and you'll find a bunch of "Buy It Now" sales of the Best Buy version. http://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?kw=def+...=1&bin=1&so=12
Thanks! I think that's where I'm going to get it from.

Ice
__________________
D.Barry:"People who want to share their religious views with you almost never want you to share yours with them."
M.Brooks: "If presidents can't do it to their wives, they do it to their country."

Only dead fish go with the flow.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 10-25-2013, 07:37 PM
Bleeding Purist's Avatar
Bleeding Purist Bleeding Purist is offline
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum
 
Join Date: 29 Jul 2002
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Age: 48
Gender: male
Posts: 4,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post

Shame you've not been successful with your ripping. I've never used BD audio ripping software (obviously), only DVD Audio Extractor. The latest version must be supporting BD by now.
I could have sworn I already purchased the BD Audio Extractor from IMToo, but I guess it was another one. I'll just have to hold off. It seems the DVD has low audio levels, so that is a no-go as a solution even if it would be cheaper to buy the DVD and rip it than buying the software to rip the BD. Oh well, I have other BDs that I could get around to ripping as well, but have been lazy because all of them are already released on CD/Mp3.
__________________
I said, all it's about is the boy checked out, he couldn't handle reality.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
def leppard, viva hysteria

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.