View Single Post

Old 10-19-2013, 10:20 AM
The Voice of Reason
Destination any Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 1986 View Post
Is that set you're talking about the acoustic medley they played on tour last year and later released as a studio version digital download? Cause I think I read earlier that it's going to be on the DVD/Blu Ray as well.

I can see why you might be excited about a new Leppard release for the first time in a while, as it's their first new live DVD/Blu Ray in 20 years. They've been long overdue on that one. Plus it's one mean set list!
I am not sure on the source of the acoustic medley, though I do know it is on the DVD/Blu-Ray.

You are absolutely right.... it's the first live video since Live In the Round (the Don Valley clips were great, but just a sampler of the show.) That one drove me mad with the anticipation... it was quite delayed and then half an hour shorter than it had been declared to be both in press and on Historia in the notes preceding Armageddon It and PSSOM. I was also a bit disappointed in the video quality, somehow it just wasn't that colorful and vivid as the two aforementioned promo videos culled from the exact same footage were. Otherwise, I loved the hell out of it. I constantly recorded the audio over the years in whatever medium was best for the time...starting with cassettes.

They are really going all out with the Viva Hysteria set. I haven't seen any of it since I wasn't able to attend the theater showings due to work. I do expect it will more than make up for the ridiculous gap since Live In the Round.