View Single Post

Old 12-02-2007, 08:01 PM
Price of posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by david2k86 View Post
Yea, the age/energy thing really bugs me. Bon Jovi are slightly younger, are in perhaps "better" shape than Leppard, generally, and yet they barely move throughout the show. Leppard, whilst still looking good for their age, maybe have seen better days shall we say, but when I saw them in June last year, you could barely keep them still. They were like puppies let loose, just like the early days. And Joes voice is perfectly fine for me. Still gives it his all and doesn't slacken for one minute.

If I were to ever rate Def Leppard over Bon Jovi for only one thing today, it would be their live shows.
I would have to completely disagree with that. Joe's voice was pretty much in horrible shape when i saw them. I enjoyed their concert when i saw them with Bryan Adams simply because they played alot of my fave songs, (Action, Woman, etc.) But in terms of energy they are nowhere near Bon Jovi. Joe was not running around the stage. Yeay Viv and Phil were rocking out hard as was Sav but Joe, not so much. Maybe Joe doesn't avoid the high parts of their songs but he doesn't exactly hit them. They were way off key. I bought a bootleg CD of theirs from a show in California from their 2004 tour and it is PAINFUL to listen to Joe he sounds so bad, out of breath, and off key. And i am fan of theirs so it is sad for me to say that.
Albany, NY 12/12/05. JBJ to me from the stage: "You been a good girl this year?" (Reads my sign) "Jon, It's almost Xmas I've been a very good girl! Play Blood on Blood please!" (cue me on the big screen) JBJ: "How good have you been? Oh My God!" (laughs, more teasing) JBJ: "You want it huh, you want it huh? Blood on Blood just for you, the good girl in the front row? The all request hour, the girl in the front row has just asked for Blood on Blood, ok, Merry Christmas young lady!" Amazing <3