View Single Post

Old 08-12-2005, 07:33 PM
This Post Feels Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supersonic
Aloha !

It depends. I went to a festival to see Velvet Revolver last year, and got only 45 minutes of this band. They normally play a set of 1,5 hours, so I'd rather have that band on it's own.

However, when going to a festival to see a few bands you haven't heard of before, and they're all playing at the same place on the same day, you're better of with a festival show.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan
what he said.

Depending on the price, venue and my schedule, I am not all that picky really .... but I wouldn't pay 60 UKP if there was only one band I'd like to see. I would have gone to Ozzfest for $100 if it hadn't been during the week - but there would have been several acts I'd like to see.

My favorite festival is 'Endfest' - an annual festival put on by a local radiostation. $20 gives you 19 bands (Queens of the Stone Age headlining alone worth the money - Stereophonics, Ash, Kasabian, Kaiser Chiefs, Hot Hot Heat, are just a few I can remember off top of my head) - 3 stages with bands playing at the same time, so you can walk around and stop where you'd like. It's also a great place if you are the family type and bring kids, cause it's casual, cheap and the kids don't get bored.
I miss the fire that was once in your eyes
Well come on and say something now