View Single Post

Old 10-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Lay your Posts on Me

I was really dissapointed with it when it was released but with time it's been growing on me and I saw them live last week in Maryland and since then I've just seen this whole other side of the album. It's really come alive for me now.

I'm still not keen on "Keep The Dream Alive" and "A Bell Will Ring" but all the other songs are absolutely top tunes. I'm really looking forward to their new album, I think they've got to the stage in their career where they are pretty incapable of producing a bad album. Hopefully Noel will write more then 5 songs and the production will be a bit more polished. Overall I think it's safe to say this is easily the best album after Morning Glory. Third single is "Let The Be love" which will be huge.

They've been opening all the gigs (as far as I know) with "Turn Up The Sun" and Noel has also been playing "The Importance of Being Idle". Not sure about "Keep The Dream Alive". I'm seeing them again in Dublin on December 23rd, which is the last gig on this tour, and I am really hoping Noel will play "Part of The Queue". What a tune!

Phil
It seems these days theres so much negativity going on in the world. I dont know maybe being a hopeless romantic or an optimist isnt fashionable but to me those stars up there were just that close,so i couldnt help but sit down with Richie and write this song and so for all the believers out there we're not a dying breed.This is called These Days~JBJ