View Single Post

Old 05-24-2003, 09:54 PM
Retired Super Moderator
Crush

Default Re: elvis fans needed for project!

1. what is it you like about elvis, that made you a fan? (e.g. singing voice, songs, guitar playing, the pelvis/dancing, etc...)

When I was a preschooler, I had access to a record player. I was given mostly the Disney records like Snow White, Heidi, and Uncle Remus, but I discovered the Elvis records my mom owned and started listening to them. I loved his voice and I loved the music. I really didn't care what he looked like or what he was shaking becaue I was only 3 or 4 when I found Elvis. LOL

2. hes still getting into the charts even tho hes dead, so what do you think is the secret of his appeal?

He had a fabulous voice and an appealing personality. He was part bad boy, but not so bad that he didn't love his Mama and go to church. That was an important selling point, especially decades ago. He recorded so many types of music that he managed to reach a huge audience--rock, country, and gospel. He was also an attractive man with sex appeal and charisma. He was able to get his way into a fan's heart for a lot of reasons and that has kept his fan base alive. Part of his appeal has also been that his name and likeness has been marketed to death. Fresh merchandise keeps people aware and buying. He had a larger than life persona and there is mystery surrounding his death--that also keeps his legacy alive.

3. do you think people will still be buying his records in the future?

There is no doubt.

4. do u think hes still alive?

Not physically. But he lives on in his music and in his fans.

5. why do people think hes still alive?

He was so beloved that it's hard for fans to accept that he really died. Because it can be questioned, that hope can be held out that he is alive. Other people are gullible and will believe anything they read on the cover of the Sun.

6. any interesting facts you know about him?

There's probably nothing that I know that's out of the ordinary. I always thought it was interesting that his twin brother Jesse Garon died at birth and wonder how that affected Elvis.