View Single Post

Old 07-22-2005, 06:59 PM
Wanted Dead or Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunkywho
I truly believe that people who don't like him, never
even paid attention to any of his songs.
Oh come on, like Eminem's the greatest thing that's happened to music in decades

Let's start off with that ****ing annoying voice of his. I have his Marshall Mathers LP, which I used to like when I was 12 (ok 14... ok, 18 ), but when I hear it now it makes me wanna jump off a bridge. A very high one. Something like this:

The Millau Viaduct in France, 343 meters high. Just about enough to ensure you'll never have to hear another Eminem record again.

So, his lyrics, yes, they are quite good. For somebody who is mentally ill. One of his most brilliant songs, lyrically, must be "I Am". Which starts off with the words the world will always remember:

"whatever...dre just let it run..hey yo turn the beat up a little bit..yo this song is for anyone..**** it..shut up and listen..hey yo"

I agree, it takes some vodka's and a serious lack of talent to come up with such a masterpiece. I'd have to say that his best talent is however to make each song sound exactly the same. Several artist, like Bon Jovi, have tried to copy this formula, but without an awful lot of success.

Oh, about the lyrics: it's well known that Eminem is not really fond of himself when he looks in the mirror (or maybe he's just really frustrated when he runs out of bleacher), so he takes it out on almost anything and anyone who's out there. Ofcourse it's a joke, c'mon people: he's not really gonna kill his mom, his girlfriend, his kid, all women in general and all gay people (except for Elton John that is). Though he has promised us he will. Over and over and over again. It's a bit like Jon Bon Jovi: saying one thing, doing the other. C'mon kill that girlfriend of yours. You know you wanna. Drive her off a bridge, I can recommend a good one.

Nope sorry dear, he had just about enough talent to make it through one record. After that it was just the same (****ed up) thing all over again.