Thread: Eric Clapton
View Single Post

Old 05-01-2005, 05:04 PM
The One And Only Real Backstage Killer
I'll Post When I'm Dead

Send a message via MSN to Supersonic

Aloha !

I'm a small Clapton fan myself, I've got a few albums from him and have seen him live several times now. None of his studio albums can live up to him live. The live album One More Car, One More Rider is a reflection of how he is now, though his directions of making music changes about every 5 years as he is very diverse.

It contains a classics, a few album cuts from Reptile (one of his latest studio albums) and some blues songs. The power in this live album is not that all songs sound as great as they did when they just were released, but the performance itself, Clapton does gives all songs his best shot. The show starts acoustic and slowly builds up to the electric climax with Cocaine, Layla and the Cream classic Sunshine Of Your Love.

This CD was released because Clapton said he wouldn't go on tour again as he's getting a little older now (he's turned 60 last birthday I think) and doesn't want to live in hotel rooms for so many months per year. That's why the setlist was so carefully chosen. However, as soon as he released a new blues album, a small tour was planned, because he simply couldn't give up playing live. I've seen him live on this tour and this is one of the first live CD's that actually shows what it was to be there. The atmosphere is exactly the same and simply brilliant, in my opinion.

Tracklist:
CD1:
1.Key To The Highway (acoustic)
2.Reptile
3.Got You On My Mind
4.Tears In Heaven
5.Bell Bottom Blues
6.Change The World
7.My Father's Eyes
8.River Of Tears
9.Goin' Down Slow
10.She's Gone