View Single Post

Old 06-25-2016, 05:45 AM
Something for the Posts

Default Eric Clapton's Guitar Skills Limited By Severe Nerve Damage

Quote:
ContactMusic: Rock icon Eric Clapton can no longer play the guitar without suffering severe back pain due to nerve damage. "I've had quite a lot of pain over the last year," he confessed. "It...turned into what they call peripheral neuropathy - which is where you feel like you have electric shocks going down your leg...''

But Clapton, who currently has no live dates planned, is determined to continue strumming his guitar for as long as he possibly can - no matter how much pain it causes him. "I can still play. I mean, it's hard work sometimes...just getting old, man, is hard..."

However, the former hard-partying guitar great insists he is just grateful to be alive after the wild antics of his youth..."Because I'm in recovery from alcoholism and addiction to substances, I consider it a great thing to be alive at all...For some reason, I was plucked from the jaws of hell and given another chance."

...(T)he rocker...released his latest album, I Still Do, last month...(and) has also hit the studio with fellow veterans the Rolling Stones to record tracks for (their) forthcoming album...
He's 71!? How did that happen? Talk about sexless marriages -- I was his child bride, LOL!

Remember how we used to talk about busting out? We'd break their hearts together...forever...

You and me and our old friends / hoping it would never end / holding on to never say goodbye...