View Single Post

Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Midnight on JoviTalk

The first one I ever got was Buzz by Steps, but I didn't buy that. I don't even remember what the first CD I bought myself was

Um..

Wow, I really can't think! If only I wasn't so spoilt as a kid. It was either a really 90's poppy album OR the first CD I actually bought myself was recently and obviously a rock one.

Meh, I'll just do Bat Out Of Hell, it wasn't mine but it was my dad's and when I first listened to it it helped me appreciate albums as a whole and not just the singles (not that I was ever around to know the singles of that album)

So, I dunno how I got hold of my dads copy of that. I remember sitting in the lounge listening to the title track on repeat for hours in my lil CD walkman. I fell in love with the whole album but that song especially. I had heard Meat Loaf before on the radio but suddenly I fell in love with it all.

And then this embarassing thing happened at school the next day I had listented to the title track so many times I ended up learning the lyrics to the 10 minute epicness. And during history the song was in my head and I subconsiously wrote down the lyrics to Bat Out Of Hell instead of the essay I was supposed to be doing. Needless to say my teacher wanted me to stay in that lunchtime and re-do it, that is now a story my mum tells my girlfriends I'd rather she showed them baby pictures.

Do I still love it? Of course. It's in my Top 3 favourite albums of all time. Bloody awesome.

(If I ever remember the first album I ever bought I'll let ya'll know, I know you're dying to hear)