View Single Post

Old 08-01-2005, 07:55 AM
Posting Always

Fav: Master OF Puppets
Most underrated: Garage Inc.

I like all them 3 first albums a lot. Debut had its sheep power and agressiveness, while lacking something in the production. Ride the lightning did add better production, while Master of puppets is truly a masterpiece. Great songs, each of them 8 tracks on the album offers something different. And there is no weak track.

Garage Inc then. Sure, its just re-release of old covers with additional new covers. But when u do take a closer listen, u might figure out that Metallica actually puts something new to those songs. And, not all of them are that obvious choises of covertracks for metal band.

Few points about other albums.....AJFA. Commerciality stepped in. Overall, it is a kickass album, but it lacks something. Can't really point out why, but it was a disappointment for me. Maybe the main thing is lack of Cliff. U know, lotsa creativity died with Cliff.

Load/ReLoad. At first I thought they must have been joking releasing those. Metallica goes pop? geez!...but, there are damn good songs hidden beneath that radiofriendly production and such. But I do think that songs like "mama said" are bit too much......I must add, with load they did put up one hell of a show, at least over in Europe. New tracks did fit in their set nicely.

St. Anger. Production sucks. The album is way better on bonus dvd from rehearsals than the album itself. Songs do kick ass, well most of them. Few boring ones. I still dont get the idea of no solos though.