Thread: Giant
View Single Post

Old 10-13-2005, 06:35 PM
Jovi Fan

Send a message via MSN to Stratocaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikeout
Giant are musically a great band, but lyrically pretty weak but still the choruses are catchy and Dan Huff is great at making up opening riffs and solo's, so for 80's hair metal fans they would be a very good choice to check out. Saying how their not up there with Bon Jovi and Def Leppard is a bit much considering they have 3 albums and didn't change with the industry as Jovi and Lep (eventually with Retro and Slang) did. I know you love them Shaun so I won't go to hard on them
I have to disagree with a few of those points fella I think some of their lyrics are really good - "passion, we're children just playing with passion, losing our grip, falling asleep at the wheel" I think is a good example of some of their lyrical content from the song Innocent Days. Also bare in mind that Giant's last real album was released in 1992 so they didn't really have much of a chance to move with the times. The 2001 release of "III" was mostly made up of songs that didnt make the first two albums that had been re-worked a bit. I love em anyway.

btw - Nice pic in the sig lol
Bon Jovi - Wolverhampton
Bon Jovi - Manchester

Bon Jovi - Manchester - June 4th
Bon Jovi - MK Bowl - June 10th
Bon Jovi - MK Bowl - June 11th
Def Leppard - Sheffield - June 17th

Bon Jovi - Manchester - June 22nd
Bon Jovi - Coventry - June 24th
Def Leppard/ Whitesnake/ Thunder - Nottingham - July 17th

Bon Jovi - Manchester - June 8th
Bon Jovi - Birmingham - June 9th